Today’s guest is Karl Subban, father of P.K. Subban, and author of “How We Did It: The Subban Plan For Success In Hockey, School, and Life”.
This was a fun interview.
I could tell you about how Karl is a convivial storyteller with a knack for thoughtful witticisms, or about how his devotion to being a great dad helped paved the way for three different NHLers (P.K. and his brothers Malcolm Subban and Jordan Subban), but you should just listen to the interview to see for yourself.
He’s an awesome guy.
Among the topics discussed:
- What inspired Karl to write this book
- How “being a great person” is the first step to being a great hockey player
- How he received the news about P.K. being traded to the Predators
- Karl’s take on Nashville as a hockey city (you will not be disappointed)
- His basketball career and how you really can’t count on your kids following in your footsteps
- What it takes to make a backyard hockey rink
- A really great story about Jordan and Max Domi of the Coyotes
Hopefully you enjoy this interview as much as I did!
Just a reminder, we’ve opened up a Patreon account for this podcast. We want to make this show even better and you can help us do that.
This podcast will always be 100% free. But if you’d to help it grow into something even better, a small donation would help make that happen.
Here’s the link to become a patron of the podcast:
That’s it for now... Enjoy!