Our Predators set a fantastic pace in November, going 10-3-1 against some tough opponents. Kyle Turris, the team’s early Christmas present, has absolutely opened up scoring for the second line. December has been fairly good for the Preds, too.
However, the Central Division remains as tight as ever. The Predators have found their scoring touch, but can they keep up this pace in 2018?
With that being said, our beloved boys in gold are looking forward to getting some presents from Santa Claus on Monday. What do the Predators want the most for Christmas?
A MLS soccer team in Nashville.Prince Fil already got one of his Christmas wishes with the Nashville Soccer Club. I suppose Forsberg wants to break more scoring records this Christmas.
- Viktor Arvidsson: I would buy Arvidsson so many things for Christmas, such as a cryotheraphy tank to heal him after he takes a beating on the ice. Arvi’s Christmas list this year consists mostly of more shorthanded goals and burying more pucks than last season.
- Ryan Johansen: A modeling contract for his puppers, Doug and Dozer. Maybe a calendar devoted to their underbite cuteness?
- Kevin Fiala: For Christmas, he definitely wants fans to stop calling him “FiFi.” Fiala also wants to take his point streak into 2018.
- Craig Smith: His short list for Christmas involves asking the hockey gods to help him stop “Smith-ing” shots. Also, for all eggnog in Nashville to be known as “Craig-nog.”
- Kyle Turris: Turris is probably ready to settle into his new house with his family and relax a little. The Turris family deserves a tender Tennessee Christmas.
- Nick Bonino: Bonino is finally healthy, and he probably is asking Santa to stay that way.
- Calle Jarnkrok: Jarny’s Christmas list is small. He wants fans to stop asking whether we should have protected him over James Neal in last year’s expansion draft.
- Colton Sissons: Sissons wants to be able to grow a mustache as good as his dad’s mustache. Sissons also wants Santa to bring him some points. His faceoff skills are incredible, and he is leading the bottom-6 with his playmaking abilities.
- Scott Hartnell: After 17 seasons on various teams, Hartnell is finally back with the club that drafted him. The 35-year-old is asking Santa for a Stanley Cup before age forces him to retirement.
- Frederick Gaudreau: Before the offseason arena renovations, Freddy G just wanted his own locker. Now that he’s secured one in the new locker room, Gaudreau wants to stick around with the big club and re-create that playoff magic.
- Austin Watson: Yeah, this is obvious...all Watson wants is his two front teeth. Right?
- Miikka Salomaki: Salty Salomaki has proved he deserves a spot in the lineup. He is speedy and tough. Salty wants Santa to bring him more games than scratches this year.
- Pontus Aberg: This one is pretty easy. Aberg wants Santa to bring him some goals and consistency.
- Cody McLeod: A buddy or two in the press box for him to talk to on nights that he’s scratched.
- Tony Bitetto: Tony wants to stick with the big club after the return of Ryan Ellis. He’s shown he can be a puck-moving defenseman.
- Mattias Ekholm: It’s fairly likely Ekholm wants to stop being referred to as the “most underrated” Nashville defenseman. He probably also wants other teams to stop taking cheap shots on Rinne and Saros after the whistle.
- PK Subban: Subban would never say so, but he can’t wait for Ellis to return so he no longer has to be paired with Emelin. Maybe more slick suits, too.
- Roman Josi: The Captain has it all… good looks, some goals, improved player health, an impressive team. Josi probably wants a Stanley Cup for Christmas.
- Yannick Weber: Yber wants to regain and maintain his health this season. He’s been injured twice, and as of 1 December, Bitetto has played more games than Weber. Meh. Yber is the god of gingerbread house building and would like to build more gingerbread houses, too.
- Matt Irwin: It’s likely Irwin wants to stick on the third defensive pairing rather than be a healthy scratch.
- Alexei Emelin: Emelin just wants to be loved by the Nashville fans. He will be loved more playing fewer minutes on the third pairing. Emelin also wants Santa to bring him more opponents to hit.
- Ryan Ellis: All Ellis wants for Christmas is to put on a Predators jersey and get his season started. He’s probably also asking for some quality beard balm to keep that gorgeous ginger beard in excellent condition.
- Pekka Rinne: Rinne wants some rest. Between Lindback and Saros, he can get some rest as the season continues. Deep down, Rinne also wants those puppies from the Foundation calendar shoot. (Author’s note: I would buy Rinne a rope to tie him to the net so he doesn’t wander too far from his cage)
- Juuse Saros: Young Saros would like an endorsement deal with a local juice company that uses the line “the Juice is loose” while Saros holds a bottle of juice and smiles.
- Anders Lindback: Some Skittles and a NHL start or two.
What would you gift our Predators for Christmas this year? Is anyone on the naughty list? Would you give coal to Chicago or Anaheim?