The Nashville Predators topped the Colorado Avalanche 4-2 on Thursday night to sweep the season series as they won all five games against the Central Division foe.
Filip Forsberg put on a show, yet again, as he managed to tally his second consecutive hat trick.
The Predators out shot the Avalanche 29-22 on the night and held off a strong push from Colorado in the third to grab the win.
- Posts, lots of posts. The Avs pipe one off of the post and P.K. Subban smokes the post from outside the blue line. Buckle up.
- Moments after the power play the Avalanche just watch Craig Smith who finds Viktor Arvidsson. Arvidsson doesn’t miss from 16-inches out; that’s 19 goals for Arvidsson this season.
- The Avalanche answer back late in the first thanks to the skate of Jarome Iginla who is a Predator killer. Yes, he’s a Pred killer, he has 66 points in 67 games against Nashville all time.
- Nobody has a clue what Pekka Rinne was doing and the Avs score a stinker to grab the lead early in the second period. Rinne thought his glove was bigger than it was, maybe?
- That guy that wears No. 9 for the Preds scored again. It’s his fourth in two games. Meh.
- This just in: Filip Forsberg is good at shooting pucks. He has four goals in less than four periods of play over his last two games.
- We’re 10 minutes into the final period and more boring hockey has never been played...but that’s a good thing for the Preds all things considered.
- Is Forsberg an actual human? That’s two games and two hat tricks - this one a natural hatty - for the prince and Nashville is rocking.
OTF’s Super Duper Stars of the Game
- Filip Forsberg: The young Swede netted three goals for a natural hat trick and is becoming the ruler of the month of February. Watch out, hockey world.
- Viktor Arvidsson: Another young Swede lit the lamp to get the scoring going for the Preds early on. Nineteen goals on the year.
- Roman Josi: The blueliner deserves plenty of love as he had two helpers on the night. That’s three straight games with points for No. 59.