The Predators hosted their former coach on Saturday afternoon. Barry Trotz and the Capitals come into the game as the best team in league, but they were shorthanded without a few regulars in the lineup and Braden Holtby receiving a night off after playing the Oilers last night.
But the Caps didn’t seem a tired team early after scoring on their first shot of the game. That, unfortunately, has been far too common for the Predators recently. Washington held Nashville to very few opportunities in the opening period outside of a power play chance by Calle Jarnkrok.
The second period would once again be the waking up moment for the Predators. It started with a great cross-ice pass from Filip Forsberg to Roman Josi. Then, Forsberg, because of course, rings one in off the post for his seventh (!!) goal in two and a half games.
It’s #9’s world. We’re just lucky to be apart of it.
Nashville would pour it on during their power play with a great redirection by the captain from a shot-pass by Ryan Ellis. The Predators held all the momentum and carried a two goal lead to the locker room.
Alexander Ovechkin made the game interesting when he apparently cut the lead to 3-2, but an offsides challenge by Nashville reversed the ruling. Josi would add his second of the game on the power play to put the contest out of reach, and Viktor Arvidsson added an empty netter to seal it 5-2.
Nashville host Connor McDavid and the Oilers at the same time tomorrow afternoon
- Preds off to another great start! What’s new!
- Nashville must give up a goal on the first shot before the game can begin.
- Rather boring first period considering the two teams.
- Forsberg is good at everything
- Does Forsberg have a corked stick? This isn’t real.
- The second period is good to the Predators.
- Williams was bullying Arvidsson, and Fisher just went on a rampage.
- Im telling you what. That Ovechkin guy is going to be a good player.
- Fisher is taking no one’s BS today.
OTF’s Super Duper Stars of the Game
- Filip Forsberg- The Capitals traded him for.....
- Filip Forsberg- Martin Erat and Michael Latta....
- Filip Forsberg- LOL
Tweets of the Night
tom wilson and harry z were having an in-depth discussion in the box about, i assume, the carried interest loophole.— J.R. Lind (@jrlind) February 25, 2017