The Preds and the Canucks have put on quite entertaining games thus far this season, tonight is shaping up to be much of the same.
The team fro Vancouver scores first, on their first shot of the game. Oh boy, is it going to be one of those nights? Not if Viktor Arvidsson can help it, he has the equalizer and this one is tied up. Speaking of Arvidsson, he sets up Calle Jarnkrok for a beautiful goals that confused the heck out of Jacob Markstrom and its 2-1 Preds.
The second period was much of a snooze fest. Cody McLeod did shove about 4 different Canucks, but no fight broke out...lame! The Preds had a couple good scoring chances on a power play, but per usual, they couldn’t score. On to the third!
The first 10 minutes of the third period was the equivalent to me brushing my teeth and getting ready for bed. Fast forward and Filip Forsberg gives the Preds a 3-1 lead after a lengthy review. However, the goal was pretty hard to argue and it stands. Alex Edler brings the Canucks to within one and this is turning into a game in the final minutes. Johansen misses an empty net, Vern Fiddler plays anything you can do I can do better, then finally Mike Fisher shows them how it's done; 4-2 Preds. Two points they needed to distance themselves from the Blues
- Oh great, Tim Peel everyone
- Another day passes, and still no Matt Duchene. The depression level here is very real
- Well that’s lovely; nothing like giving up the first goal of the game on the first shot of the game
- Arvi can fly
- Arvi can score too! His 14th of the season ties it up 1-1
- Jarnkrok with a squeaker of a goal there. Markstrom fell backwards, very awkwardly I might add, and the puck slid on past him. Oh and Arvidsson had an assist on that one!
- It’s weird seeing a No. 83 out there in the regular season
- Pontus Aberg is fitting in much better this time around. He doesn’t seem to have the deer in headlights look to him when the puck comes his way
- For once, the Preds benefit from a disallowed goal in a game vs. Vancouver
- Filip Forsberg goal alert!
OTF’s Super Duper Stars of the Night
- Viktor Arivdsson - a goal, an assist, and the love of all of Nashville. Arvi is a human highlight reel.
- Filip Forsberg - Prince Fil comes through again, despite needing a lengthy review. The Preds are going to need his second half magic again this year.
- Pekka Rinne - 31 saves on 33 shots = a pretty nice night for the Finn. He made some good saves, and he appears to be benefiting from the extra rest little bear provides.
Tweets of the Night
I'm naming my future child Arvi.— Allison Stejskal (@alliestej) January 25, 2017
All three #Preds goals have been scored by Swedes. That's neat.— Justin Bradford (@justinbbradford) February 8, 2017