The Bridgestone Arena crowd definitely let everyone know this was a Western Conference Final game. As expected, both teams come out guns-a-blazin’ and expect there to be hits, lots of them. Ryan Kesler immediately hits Ryan Johansen and the chess match begins. The Ducks were outshooting the Preds 8-4, but the Preds took the next 11-straight shots. Nobody could poke one through and this one will be 0-0 heading to the locker room.
After a gritty, back-and-forth 15 minutes of trading scoring chances, the Ducks finally put one through. Corey Perry on the power plays puts Anaheim up 1-0 and momentum is completely on their side. Jared Boll took a shot at Harry Z, which if you check the replay could be considered launching, and Cody McLeod had enough. McLeod threw some heavy hands at Boll, earning a two minute instigator penalty, a five minute fighting penalty, and a 10 minute game misconduct. The Preds spent the rest of the period on their heals and just couldn’t get anything to go past John Gibson.
Both teams come out of the second intermission with their hair on fire. Filip Forsberg buries one past Gibson to tie the game 1-1. Moments later, Colton Sissons appeared to have scored but the refs waved it off. A few minutes after that, Ryan Johansen looked to have scored, but it’s also waved off and the Ducks get a power play out of it. The Preds get a big penalty kill and Roman Josi buries one past a sprawled out Gibson and that’s all she wrote.
- This is the loudest I have ever heard Bridgestone Arena
- It’s definitely lit in here. Literally lit, have you seen this wristbands?
- Ryan Kesler immediately takes a shot at Ryan Johansen
- Mike Fisher man, how many mirrors did he break before the playoffs started?
- This game is really chippy and everyone is going to be sore tomorrow
- The Ducks think they score but the net was definitely coming off. Call confirms, no goal
- Boll hits Harry Z hard and McLeod finally reaches his breaking point. He did work on Boll’s face
- Filip Forsberg ties it up!
- Colton Sissons just scored a goal that was waved off because of no apparent logic whatsoever
- Then moments later Johansen scores and its waved off because of “goaltender interference” and the Ducks get a PP out of it
- I like the desperation Nashville is playing with here
- There is no quit in this team
OTF’s Super Duper Playoff Stars of the Night
- Filip Forsberg - the Ducks had the Preds on their heals and Forsberg stepped up and slammed one home to tie it up
- Pekka Rinne - he only made 19 saves but he jeot the team in tbis gane long enough got then to capitalize
- Cody McLeod - he finally put an end to the endless cheap shots the Ducks’ players were taking. He may have gotten a 2/5/10 for beating the stuffing out of Jared Boll, but I think he’ll agree it was worth it