Lines and Pairings
- Much better puck movement in the Preds’ own zone to begin the game.
- Forsberg-Johansen-Arvidsson ...why would you ever separate these three?
- Did Joey work on his shot in the offseason? That was a gorgeous wrist shot.
- What an awful attempt at controlling the puck by Roman Josi. The Canes capitalize on the confusion to tie the game. Justin Williams was just hanging out right in front of Pekka Rinne.
- The first power play looked meh.
- Rinne adjusted very nicely from a mid-range shot to a close-up attempt from Carolina. His resetting and positioning looked smooth.
- Scott Darling made some incredible saves on Craig Smith in close. I was expecting a goal there.
- Holy helicopter...that goal by Kevin Fiala. Can we have more of that in the regular season?
- What’s with the Preds being unable to control the puck in their own zone today? Hold on to the puck!
- P.K. is punching people. P.K. is angry.
- After a near miss by Arvidsson and Josi, Craig Smith finally pots a power play goal! I’m getting ready for some seasonal Craig-Nog.
- Hello, Juuse Saros.
- Hello, Petr Mrazek.
- Goodness, Zac Rinaldo hit a guy. Am shocked.
- The commentators on the stream are absolutely in love with Micheal Ferland.
- Another goal because the Predators couldn’t control the puck in their own zone.
- What a wacky goal by Smith. In a game of goals scored on turnovers...oh my.
- The commentators from Carolina just announced that Darling left the game with a lower-body injury. That’s not too good for the Canes.
- Both teams are quite undisciplined in the third period. Penalties everywhere.
- Another Nashville penalty gives Carolina their fourth goal of the afternoon to tie the game.
- Overtime makes me panic.
- That was one hell of a wrister by Johansen to end the game less than thirty seconds into overtime.
- And Joey is DONE with this game/the preseason/Carolina/the ice. He went straight to the door!
Tweet of the Game
I’d like to think that Johansen really wanted to see the end of the Titans game and that’s why he sped to the locker room.