The Nashville Predators played behind the 8 ball for most of the night as they had to play catch up to tie the game, only to have the lead taken back each time by the New Jersey Devils. Once the score was tied at 3, the game went into overtime where the gold-chained wonder, Kyle Turris, found the back of the net!
- Well. Filip Forsberg had a nice look early...Viktor Arvidsson, too.
- Let’s have a look at these new lines:
- Rocco Grimaldi almost made magic for Smith there...23 Karat Magic.
- Yuck, after that goal from Severson, the Predators seem to be reeling. Need to settle down and remember they’re just one goal down.
- Zone entries seem to be an issue tonight.
- Kevin Fiala needed that goal as much as, if not more than, the Predators did.
- The Devils are playing a good game on the boards.
- I’ll happily take a power play without Taylor Hall on the ice.
- That was a great/lucky save by Keith Kinkaid.
- A few good looks on that PP, but still no goals for the Predators.
- SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS
- DON’T SLEEP ON MY BOY YANNICK! GREAT TOE DRAG FROM HIS FELLOW COUNTRYMAN KEVIN FIALA! 1-1!
- Interference on Forsberg. Let’s get the PK going. Also, let’s get P.K. Subban going.
- Well, the Swiss seem to be scoring tonight. Devils are up 2-1 after Nico Hischier redirects one from Taylor Hall.
- They’re playing Van Halen’s “Runnin’ with the Devil”...clever.
- Anthony Bitetto just wrecked Jean-Sebastien Dea. Savage.
- Low energy beginning to the second period. Is it the calm before the storm?
- Nice look by Turris then a great chance for Grimaldi. Great placement. Preds need a net-front presence.
- Colton Sissons is playing with some jam out there.
- After that first period, the second one seems like great chance to take a nap.
- Zac Rinaldo in the box for illegal check to the head. Questionable call. Regardless, Devils to the PP.
- Penalty all reviewed and reversed? Where was this Tuesday night?
- Viktor Arvidsson scores off a timely pass from Kyle Turris! Tied at 2!
- ...and Hischier finds the net almost immediately and puts the Devils back up at 3-2. Demoralizing.
- Preds go back on the Power Play. I assume to pass the puck for 1:40 then shoot from the point.
- Yep. No score.
- Third period is underway!
- Preds back on the Power Play, which I assume means they pass the puck and shoot, ineffectively, from the point once.
- Fiala’s shot might as well have just been a pass to Kinkaid.
- No goals, but some actual shots for a change.
- With 14:09 to go in the 3rd, the Predators are playing with no jam.
- And this is followed by a flurry of action in front of Kinkaid by Filip Forsberg.
- P.K. needs to get it together out there, that one could have been ugly.
- Juuse makes a stop on Palmieri, then gets pushed after whistle and the puck dribbles in. Doesn’t count, but the fans are upset anyway.
- Grimaldi looks great in front of that net!
- Preds back on the Power Play. Going on a two-minute break. Let me know if I miss anything.
- [cues “Yakety Sax”]
- LOOK AT THAT! MY NEGATIVITY AND NAY-SAYING WORKED! POWER PLAY GOAL - FILIP FORSBERG! 3-3!
- Bonino to the box on a tripping call.
- Penalty Killed off.
- Oh, Saros got lucky there.
- Going to 3 on 3...Bonus Hockey?
- Smith could’ve had that! Nice set up.
- Great save by Juuse.
- TURRIS! OT WIN!
- Kyle Turris (OT GWG)
- Yannick Weber (1-0-1)
- Viktor Arvidsson (1-0-1)
Tweets of the Night
Grimaldi is going to get a goal tonight or die trying. Way to play hard.— Hollie (@darlinghollie) October 26, 2018
Just imagine how good this @PredsNHL team would be with even average special teams play. With their personnel, they should be top 10 in both.— John Couture (@CooterWrites) October 26, 2018