The Coyotes got on the board first with a shorthanded goal from Michael Grabner. That was his fourth (!!) shorthanded goal of the season. The Predators were unable to answer in the first period.
To begin the second, the Predators struggled to push the puck into the offensive zone. Jason Demers wristed a puck past Pekka Rinne for the Coyotes’ second goal of the evening. The power play remained abysmal through the second period.
Nick Bonino scored his first goal of the year with 7:51 remaining in the third period. With Rinne on the bench, the Predators were unable to score a game-tying goal before time expired. They end the road trip 2-2-1 and have dropped their last three games.
- No P.K. Subban or Viktor Arvidsson. Dan Hamhuis, Calle Jarnkrok, and Austin Watson return to the ice.
- Chris Mason looks excellent between the benches tonight.
- A power play! Why am I nervous?
- Ok, no need to be nervous at this massive lackluster effort.
- Another power play!!!!!
- Well, I’m not sure what you expected...but the Coyotes scored a shorthanded goal.
- That awkward moment when you realize the Coyotes have scored more goals shorthanded than Nashville has scored on the power play.
- The boys look tired.
- I am tired.
- That should have been a major penalty to Josh Archibald but...whatever. I guess Ryan Hartman’s jaw and head will be added to IR shortly.
- Angry Mattias Ekholm is angry.
- Rinne called for a delay of game penalty...kay.
- Hartman is back on the bench!
- Nick Bonino gets the Predators within one!
- That goal was truly weird.
- Is that not a delay of game??
- Please come home and get healed up, guys. Looking at you, Hartman!
Super Duper Stars of the Game
- Roman Josi: The captain tried his best to get things going tonight. He seemed to play the entire third period.
- Nick Bonino: Scoring his first goal of the 2018-2019 campaign, Bonino put the Preds on the board late in the third.
- Darcy Kuemper: The Coyotes backup made 44 saves on 45 Nashville shots, a career high. You can’t really say Kuemper is riding a hot streak since he was pulled in his last game, but the Predators were unable to solve the tall Arizona netminder tonight.
Tweets of the Night
Arizona's complaining that they got called for a penalty as if they don't realize that the preds won't score on them while on the power play— ryan (@AngryPredsFan) November 16, 2018