On today’s episode, I discuss the Ryan Hartman trade with Scott Powers, lead hockey writer for The Athletic Chicago. We discuss the trade from both the Nashville and Chicago perspectives, looking at the short-term and long-term benefits for each team.
In this episode:
- The Predators are on fire. The offense is rolling. Everything is good again!
- A 15 minute rant of sorts about the Hartman trade and the concept of winning trades.
- Does Hartman match up against the other two biggest trades in Preds history (biggest = highest cost, in this case)? Probably not, but it doesn’t mean he isn’t a good player and won’t be a significant factor for the team going forward.
- Remember December 2016? I do.
- Hartman was mentioned in trade talks, but the Preds gave up the most, so the Blackhawks had to take it.
- Scott gives his take on what Hartman’s next contract might look like.
- Rumors about a Hartman-Q rift? Hogwash.
- What are the Blues doing??
And more, of course. Give it a listen!
Care To Help Out?
This show will always be 100% free to those that want to listen. But if you’d like to help out the show and want to become a patron of the podcast, here’s how you do that. Thanks!
That’s it for now... Enjoy!
This podcast features “No Song” by Apollo Up!, a Nashville-based rock band from the 2000s. Check out their stuff here!