On today’s episode, I discuss the Ryan Hartman trade with Scott Powers, lead hockey writer for The Athletic Chicago. We discuss the trade from both the Nashville and Chicago perspectives, looking at the short-term and long-term benefits for each team.
In this episode:
- The Predators are on fire. The offense is rolling. Everything is good again!
- A 15 minute rant of sorts about the Hartman trade and the concept of winning trades.
- Does Hartman match up against the other two biggest trades in Preds history (biggest = highest cost, in this case)? Probably not, but it doesn’t mean he isn’t a good player and won’t be a significant factor for the team going forward.
- Remember December 2016? I do.
- Hartman was mentioned in trade talks, but the Preds gave up the most, so the Blackhawks had to take it.
- Scott gives his take on what Hartman’s next contract might look like.
- Rumors about a Hartman-Q rift? Hogwash.
- What are the Blues doing??
And more, of course. Give it a listen!
Care To Help Out?
This show will always be 100% free to those that want to listen. But if you’d like to help out the show and want to become a patron of the podcast, here’s how you do that. Thanks!
That’s it for now... Enjoy!
Remember, you can either stream the show in this browser by pressing the play button below, listen on Soundcloud or listen on iTunes (don’t forget to subscribe!)
This podcast features “No Song” by Apollo Up!, a Nashville-based rock band from the 2000s. Check out their stuff here!