The Nashville Predators welcomed a familiar face back into the lineup tonight with open arms, but the Panthers emerged victorious.
Neither team controlled possession in the early going, with both teams failing to score on the early chances they got. The Panthers finally got a shot past Rinne late in the first as Jonathan Huberdeau scored a goal by deflecting the puck off of Matt Irwin.
The middle period began the same way, with the Predators continuing to play sloppy hockey, although their shots got closer to crossing the goal line. The Preds took the first penalty of the game when Nick Bonino got whistled for hooking in the middle of the second period. The Predators killed off the penalty, but were unable to score on any of the later chances they got in the period and entered the final intermission down 1-0 still.
The Predators finally seemed to be turning things around in the 3rd period when Sceviour scored to put the Panthers up 2-0 with just under 10:00 to go. The Predators spent the next 6 minutes attempting to solve Roberto Luongo before Roman Josi cut the Panthers lead in half. The Predators turned up the heat even more after that, and Filip Forsberg tied the game with 0.6 seconds remaining in the game, but his goal was waved off for goaltender interference, giving the Panthers a 2-1 victory.
- So Arvidsson is warming up
- Helluva sequence by Peks there, hopefully the boys can settle down
- So, #Pekka4Vezina is back tonight
- Unfortunate period for Irwin there, time to bounce back
- Luongo is playing very good hockey right now, but the good guys keep getting closer
- Penalty = kilt (somehow)
- 20 more minutes to do something...
- It ain’t over ‘til it’s over, but goal there means this is basically over
- O CAPTAIN MY CAPTAIN
- WHAT IN TARNATION
- Where is the goaltender interference?
Tweets of the night
Eeli Tolvanen with two shots already. He didn't get any on goal in his first two games.— Adam Vingan (@AdamVingan) April 3, 2018
OTF’s Super Duper Stars of the Game
- Pekka Rinne - Can’t put tonight’s loss on him, he played a fantastic game
- Roman Josi - The captain scored the Preds only official goal
- Toronto - They played a part in tonight’s outcome with that “goaltender interference” call, can we please find a fix for the rule?
Honestly if I see that Forsberg video one more time it may end violently, but here’s Josi’s goal