You may have heard by now that Alex Daugherty is moving on to some really exciting things, and we’re thrilled for him. His next chapter leaves On The Forecheck with an opportunity for a new site manager.
If you’re reading this, you probably love the Predators and the community we’ve built here at On The Forecheck. Keep reading to find out if this might be the right opportunity for you.
What are we looking for?
We need someone who’s knowledgeable about the Preds and capable of writing about them as well as managing the site’s social media accounts and a staff of contributors. Previous writing experience is preferred.
What qualifications should you have?
Our best site manager candidates will:
- Have a passion for the Predators and news.
- Already enjoy reading, commenting, and participating in the On The Forecheck community.
- Understand how to use popular social media networks, like Twitter and Facebook, and be willing to adapt to new best practices.
- Be able to produce and edit clean copy.
- Have the organizational skills to manage a staff of multiple people.
- Be a self-starter and comfortable working in a remote environment.
How do you apply?
Submit a resume, cover letter, and a writing sample through the Vox Media job board. If you have any questions about the role or the application process, please reach out to SB Nation’s Talent Manager for Team Brands, Jeanna Thomas, at email@example.com.
This is a remote, part-time contractor position that pays a monthly stipend. Some daytime availability is preferred. If your background and experience don’t perfectly align with every single thing we’re looking for, but you believe you have the potential to thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply.