In somewhat of a rut, the Predators squared off against the Jets at Bridgestone Arena. The Jets opened the scoring nearly right away with a Patrik Laine goal just 18 seconds into the contest. For a team looking for a turnaround, the Predators looked the exact opposite.
The fourth line started to throw their weight around a bit as the first period ticked on. Mattias Ekholm was whistled for Nashville’s first penalty of the night with 8:22 remaining in the first period. Nashville was able to successfully kill the penalty. Filip Forsberg and Nathan Beaulieu were given identical penalties for roughing, but neither team was able to convert at 4-on-4.
Luca Sbisa was called for interference and the Predators tried to find the equalizer on the power play.
Beginning the second period on the power play, the Predators still found themselves unable to put the puck in the net. However, they continued to generate chances in front of Winnipeg netminder Connor Hellebuyck. The Jets took the wind out of Nashville’s sails with a quick wrister from Nikolaj Ehlers.
As the second period drew to a close, Nick Bonino found the puck off a backdoor feed to pull the Predators within one.
After killing off Steven Santini’s penalty, the Predators started off the third period with some fire. Even though the ice was tilted strongly in their favor, the Predators couldn’t find any real estate in front of Hellebuyck.
With less than five minutes remaining in regulation, both Mikael Granlund and Mathieu Perrault were sent to the penalty box. The Predators couldn’t capitalize at 4-on-4. Juuse Saros was pulled to the bench for an extra attacker, but the Predators dropped their fifth straight game.
- Mathieu Olivier makes his NHL debut against the Jets.
- Well, that started poorly.
- The Predators cannot seem to get anything sustained in front of Connor Hellebuyck.
- Dilly dilly
- Please don’t be hurt, Arvi.
- This is not going well, Preds.
- Blake Wheeler just took a puck to the nose. Ouchie.
- You can’t shoot THROUGH people!
- Nick Bonino with a clutch goal to put the Preds on the board.
- Don’t score and then take a penalty, guys.
- Bridgestone has woken up.
- The Nashville crowd is giving some love to Juuse Saros with some “Juuuuuuuuus” chants.
- This game is turning my hair gray.
- The Preds can’t seem to get to the center of the ice...at all.
- Ew, what a disgusting loss.
Super Duper Stars of the Game
- Half priced food in the arena.
- Nick Bonino
Tweets of the Game
Solid start, Preds. Yeesh.— Joe Rexrode (@joerexrode) November 20, 2019
Score a goal then immediately take a penalty.— Katherine T. (@i24predsfan) November 20, 2019
Good possession by the #Preds and the Duchene line.— Justin Bradford (@justinbbradford) November 20, 2019