Dante Fabbro makes his NHL debut tonight wearing No. 57. He joins Gabriel Bourque as the only other player to sport the number in #Preds franchise history.— Nashville Preds PR (@PredsPR) March 31, 2019
The Preds have already secured their playoff spot, but the Blue Jackets are still pushing. It came as no surprise that they came out in a blaze like they were shot out of that cannon all the way from Ohio. Cam Atkinson put Columbus on the board in less than a minute into the start of the game.
Looks like it’s going to be that kind of night. Let’s just roll to the highlights shall we...
Highlights and Random Observations
- Just when I thought all was doomed Viktor Arvidsson ties the Nashville single season scoring record on a short handed goal. Thanks, Arvi!
- Additionally it only took Arvidsson 55 games to get to the record. We’re. Not. Worthy.
- Annnnnnnd Columbus takes the lead on a delayed penalty with a goal from David Savard. Nothing good last forever. This is why hockey fans are all cynics.
- I know it’s a stretch but I’d still like the Preds to take a shot at signing Artemi Panarin in the off season. Mostly because I don’t want anyone else to have him.
- The power play doesn’t look...awful?
- Another Columbus goal from Oliver Bjorkstrand...from Panarin. This is why I don’t want anyone to have him.
- Is Juuse Saros healthy? I need someone to check on him.
- Second period is a go. Hopefully it’s better than the first.
- I have secondhand embarrassment every time a player trips and falls over his own teammate.
- It’s never a good time in any hockey situation to play Cotton Eyed Joe. Don’t @ me.
- Filip Forsberg goal alert! Fil makes hockey look so easy.
- Well that was short-lived. Columbus on the board again; this time Boone Jenner gets the tally.
- Maybe the Preds should try not skating into one another the rest of this game...and forever.
- Another goal from Atkinson. This one is ugly, folks.
- To make it even worse, the St. Louis Blues won in OT tonight.
- Arvi taking a trip to the penalty box. Yeah...one of those nights for sure.
- Bridgestone seems to be taking the let’s just turn the music up and let this one ride approach to the rest of the game.
- On the bright side the Montreal Canadiens beat the Winnipeg Jets in regulation tonight. Thanks, Shea. I knew he still loved us.
- We still have an entire period of hockey to go folks, hang tight.
- This has been rough. This game feels like it’s never going to end.
- And a penalty shot...to add insult to injury.
- Saros makes the save. The last thing we needed tonight is a Cam Atkinson hat trick.
- End it.
- Just end it.
OTF’s Super Duper Stars of the Game
- Collectively as a unit...they were all bad.
Tweets of the Night
CBJ clearly watched their tape.— Rachel K (@_RKH80) March 31, 2019
Of course the real issue is that even if Saros is still feeling ill (which seems likely) Laviolette doesn’t really have any good alternative—can’t put Rinne in; he needs to not play both halves of the B2B.— Kate (@statswithkate) March 31, 2019
Skaters are gonna have to *lowers voice ominously* play some defense.
Willy: “Nashville needs a spark”— Katherine T. (@i24predsfan) March 31, 2019
*Two Preds players collide in the defensive zone turning over the puck.*
I hope that Fabbro gets one of those special sections for charity and it’s called Dante’s Inferno.— snacksrespecter (@statsrespecter) March 30, 2019