It’s the second-to-last regular season game. Vancouver is in town.
The Predators have lost a game to Vancouver this season, but took two points in an overtime win a few weeks later.
Since Pekka Rinne secured another win in Buffalo on Tuesday, we should see young Juuse Saros tonight in net.
With his goal (and assist) on Tuesday, P.K. Subban has 30 points on the season (9 goals, 21 assists). Ryan Johansen’s backhander was his 13th goal of the season, and Craig Smith’s wacky hand/stick goal was his 21st of the season.
Viktor Arvidsson has 2 goals and 2 assists in his last four games.
The Canucks defeated the Sharks on Tuesday evening, thanks to the play of Thatcher Demko in goal.
Rookie sensation Elias Pettersson leads the Canucks in points with 65 (27 goals, 38 assists) despite missing time to injury. Pettersson is the favorite for the Calder Trophy, awarded to the season’s most outstanding rookie.
Bo Horvat has 59 points (27 goals, 32 assists). He’s a threat when he’s on the ice. Brock Boeser has 55 points (26 goals, 29 assists). Veteran defender Alexander Edler has 31 points (10 goals, 21 assists).
2018 first-round pick Quinn Hughes has skated with the team in two games since his college season at Michigan came to an end. He has one assist in two games, but he embodies the model of today’s mobile and active defenders by jumping into plays and driving the puck to the net.
Memories and Feelings
- It was a few seasons ago, but I remember being at a Canucks game when one of the Vancouver players crashed into Pekka Rinne and forced him to leave the contest.
Reasons to Watch
- Quinn Hughes.
- I can’t think of a better way to get Friday started right than with a big win on Thursday night.
- A Brothers Granlund reunion?
- Colton Sissons scored the OT winner in December...can he add some goals tonight in regulation?
Canucks Social Media
- @nucksmisconduct: Vancouver’s SB Nation site is Nucks Misconduct.
Tonight’s Theme Song
“SICKO MODE” by Travis Scott (Skrillex Remix).
Tonight’s Drink of Choice
I picked up some Kona Longboard at the grocery the other day because I wanted to feel summer-y.
How to Watch
Tonight’s game is at 7:00 Central. Fox Sports Tennessee will have the broadcast and 102.5 The Game has the radio call.