Anaheim Ducks 4, Nashville Predators 1: Tie Series
The effort was there. The plan was not.
This game was more frustrating than the last. Why? The effort was there, but the plan was poor.
Shot attempts at 5v5: an improvement, but the hole is deeper. But if it bleeds... pic.twitter.com/CeqstDLA2Y— On The Forecheck (@OnTheForecheck) April 22, 2016
The Ducks controlled the middle of the ice, and Nashville settled for anxious, low-danger shots all night.
And again, it didn't work. It's the same recipe as the last game.
- Ryan Getzlaf scored off a play that seemed like a designed play. He followed a shot, came into to Pekka Rinne's area unmarked, and beats Rinne low.
- From that point, Rinne looked strong going through the second until the bad stuff started.
- The first and second periods built and built until midway through the second, when some of the most inspired hockey you'll see was on display.
- Mike Fisher scores off a slick pass from Colin Wilson, and the place. is. LIT.
- Here's what you came here for: Viktor Arvidsson draws a slashing (looked more like tripping), and his skates are pointed the wrong way. He falls. He gets called for embellishment. And the Ducks avoid a penalty kill.
- Nashville's 4v4 play looked like a PK and the result looked like a PK. 2-1.
- And a sulking Preds team allows another marker for a 3-1 deficit in headed into the locker room after Mike Ribeiro goes all Corey Perry on Corey Perry.
And folks... there wasn't a moment in the third where Nashville looked like they had a great idea to score on Anaheim.
Same plan, same result. Outside shots, no traffic, no redirections, and nothing to show for them.
OTF's Super Duper Stars of the Game
- Mike Fisher - He plays one way, all the time.
- Kyle Hankins - The Prince tribute was nice.
- That's.... that's about it. I should say that the building looked really cool. /
Tweets of the Night
Drunk Tim Peel is better than this— Trevor van der Bort (@trevor_0) April 22, 2016
if you were wondering if things could get worse, lee greenwood is playing the band stage— J.R. Lind (@jrlind) April 22, 2016
Viktor Arvidsson called for embellishment here #Preds #NHLDucks: pic.twitter.com/6U73kgYvKu— Mark Harris (@MCHisTweeting) April 22, 2016
Boxscore - Game Summary - Event Summary - War-on-Ice - HockeyStats - Natural Stat Trick
Roll the video highlights...