Nashville Predators News: Matt Hendricks Leaves Phoenix Game With Upper Body Injury
Nashville Predators forward Matt Hendricks had a good night going against the Phoenix Coyotes, scoring his first goal of the season during the first period. On the opening shift of the second period, however, he took a hard hit from Phoenix defenseman Derek Morris. He left the game at that point and the announcement came soon after that he would not return due to an "upper body injury".
#26 / Center / Nashville Predators
Jun 17, 1981
|2013 - Matt Hendricks||13||1||0||0||-1||24||0||0||0||16||6.6|
On the play, Hendricks was driving deep into the Phoenix zone with the intent to put some forechecking pressure on Morris, but as the Coyotes defenseman passed the puck he also braced himself for the impact, and Hendricks basically plowed straight into Morris' shoulder. The Nashville trainer came onto the ice to treat him for a small cut, and Hendricks skated off for the night.
There was no penalty on the play, nor was one deserved.
While we don't have video of the hit, you can take a look at his goal tonight:
More from On the Forecheck:
- Preds vs Coyotes: 3 Questions With "Five For Howling"
- Nashville Predators @ Phoenix Coyotes Preview: Halloween Hockey
- Antioch Hockey Center Collaboration Between Preds and Metro a Trick for Some, a Treat for Most
- Nashville Predators Schedule: The longest road trip of the season is upon us
- Nashville Predators News: Tom Callahan Resigns as Radio Play-By-Play Man/