Nashville Predators 2, Dallas Stars 3: Stars Take Series Lead on the Road
Nashville lost their momentum and it cost them the game.
The Nashville Predators faced off against the Dallas Stars in the playoffs for the first time in what’s sure to be an intense, fast paced series.
Both teams came out with the foot on the gas, with Nashville showing some aggression; everyone was hitting everyone. Dallas took the first penalty of the night, leaving most wondering what the Predators’ power play would look like in the postseason. Just seconds into the power play, Brian Boyle landed a huge hit on Jason Dickinson, who had to be helped off the ice.
Nashville wasn’t able to convert on their power play opportunity, but Roman Josi was able to get them on the board with a laser past Ben Bishop once the teams returned to even strength. Josi had zero goals in 13 playoff games last year. The Stars kept up their pressure and would get their own power play opportunity. Pekka Rinne wasn’t giving them any chances, shutting down everything they threw at him. Viktor Arvidsson even managed a break away that almost ended in a wraparound goal.
The Preds led 1-0 going into the second, and both teams were called for minor penalties on a play that saw Colton Sissons collide with Ben Bishop. Sissons was called for goaltender interference while Bishop got two minutes for embellishment for taking a poorly timed dive into the ice. Both teams went back and forth but couldn’t seem to bury their chances. With hostilities mounting, Dallas was finally able to get on the board with a power play goal from Miro Heiskanen.
After losing some momentum towards the end of the second, the Predators still didn’t look poised to find the same steam they had in the first. After swarming for most of the period tp that point, Dallas was finally able to break the stalemate with another goal from Heiskanen, his second of the night. The Stars continued to stay pretty much parked in Nashville’s end for the majority of the period. Mats Zuccarello got on the board and Nashville looked desperate to get something going.
P.K. Subban cut the Stars’ lead towards the end of the third, breathing some new life into the Preds down the final stretch. Dallas took a late penalty and the Preds tried to capitalize on power play to tie it up and force overtime. Nashville couldn’t get it done, and Dallas takes the series lead on the road.
- Catfish down.
- Columbus came back to bet Tampa Bay in Game 1...LOL. Okay, as you were.
- Preds came out swinging. Good-ness.
- Everyone is hitting everyone.
- The Preds to the power play...in the playoffs...oh boy.
- Brian Boyle just leveled Jason Dickinson. Ouch.
- The Captain! We see you, Josi!
- Dallas to the power play...meh.
- HOLY EVERYTHING! Viktor Arvidsson almost had a short-handed break away goal y’all!
- Pekka Rinne out here defying physics or something.
- Crowd is LIVING for Pekka Rinne right now.
- St. Louis takes Game 1 over Winnipeg. Meh. As you were.
- Dallas Diving Team Alert!
- The New York Islanders have defeated the Pittsburgh Penguins in Game One! Barry Trotz is going to send the Pens packing back to back years. I’m tellin’ y’all! All right, as you were.
- Preds back on the power play. They need a new power play song.
- And Dallas ties it. Meh.
- It would be wise for the Preds to stay out of the box in the third period.
- This game is going to overtime isn’t it?
- Dallas scores, spoke too soon.
- Wait...under review.
- Nope, that’s a goal for Dallas.
- Nashville needs...something. Do something.
- Dallas scores again. That’s not what I meant when I said do something.
- P.K. SUUUUUUUBAAAANNNNN. It ain’t over till it’s over!
- Nashville scrambling to throw everything they can at Bishop to tie this one up.
- Empty net for Nashville and I am so nervous.
- Welp, that’s not a great way to start the series. /
OTF’s Super Duper Stars of the Game
- The fans who stayed through the whole thing.
- The catfish for being fabulous as always./
Tweets of the Night
WOW 😳#Preds | #DALvsNSH pic.twitter.com/WD3EER7Xfa— FOX Sports Tennessee (@PredsOnFSTN) April 11, 2019
playoff mode engaged pic.twitter.com/igRleYl9TT— 🐔🍞🍳 👞 y - the best horticulturalist 🎻 (@AndyAxel) April 11, 2019
My Spidey Senses were tingling. 🤓#Preds pic.twitter.com/c9mExYChFp— Hayley Alexandra 🦖 (@itsHalesYeah) April 11, 2019
$5000 fine & banned for life https://t.co/y1aSfptcK0— Lady Preds (@Lady_Preds) April 11, 2019
Nashville's power play could be the worst in franchise history. I'm gonna have to go look at the numbers, but I've watched this team a LONG time and I just can't understand how they're SO bad ALL the time.— Kristopher Martel (@kmartel_sports) April 11, 2019
What even is Pekka Rinne 😳😳#StandWithUs | #Preds pic.twitter.com/O7R3flw5vp— HasBeenSports (@HasBeenSports) April 11, 2019
P.K. Subban was created for the #StanleyCup Playoffs. #DALvsNSH— Thomas Willis (@TomAWillis) April 11, 2019