Nashville Predators 4, St. Louis Blues 5 (SO): Nashville Downed In Extra Time
Questionable honorings, lots of goals, crazy bounces, and a back and forth game. That is what we were graced with tonight. The Predators and the Blues took this one to a shootout with the Blues getting the win and the extra point.
If you want to talk about a high intensity game that feels like a playoff match up, look no further than tonight's game. The Preds and the Blues put on a show as they went back and forth in a hard fought tilt.
The Predators opened the scoring first with a power play goal from Mike Fisher. That was the only score in a relatively quiet first period. Then the second period came out roaring. Filip Forsberg put Nashville up by two. St. Louis would go on to score the next three goals from Jayden Schwartz, T.J. Oshie, and Steve Ott. Fisher stopped some of the bleeding by tallying a shorthanded goal. The wild period was closed out with a goal by Ryan Reaves of the Blues. The Blues looked like they were going to take this one home until James Neal scored late in the third to tie it up. It was all for nothing though as St. Louis prevailed in the shootout.
- That Martin Brodeur tribute was nice before the game. But does anyone else thinks it's weird that The Blues are treating him like they drafted him? They do realize that he only played a hand full of games for them, right? You would think it would be the Devils calling to join their organization. But hey, what do I know.
- Power plays goals for everyone! Mike Fisher has been a savior for the Preds on the power play. Yes, it was a crazy, unorthodox goal. But I am sure no one is complaining at this point. And how can we forget, that was Fisher's 500th point of his career. Good for him, am I right?
- Scoresberg!! I want to say that it's almost tiring to keep saying his name in these recaps, but who am I kidding, it never gets old. I could watch Forsberg highlights all day long and not get tired of it. Nashville really has something special in this kid. And how about that hand eye coordination on the goal. Smooth, just so smooth.
- That goal by Jaden Schwartz was just a bad breakdown by the defense. Ekholm got beat on the intial move and the D just wasn't able to get back into position. I can't even put that goal on Hutton. He has actually played pretty well through two periods in this game.
- I need to make a correction to my previous observation. Hutton played pretty well, except for that goal by Ryan Reeves. That was a one on one with no one screening him. He should have made that save. Seth Jones was pretty terrible to misplay the puck and get it picked off, but those are pucks Hutton has to stop.
- Jones just had a rough night, tonight.
- On a side note, the broadcasting team is also having a rough night.
- I guess when it rains it pours. The Blues poured it on in the second.
- Thank the hockey lords for Fisher. He stopped some of the bleeding with a nice shorthanded goal to tie things back up for Nashville. To say that was a much needed goal is probably an understatement.
- This game is just too much for me to take. So much going on. Neal decided to jump in on the scoring train as well tonight.
- Holy Josi! I did not know he had those moves
- (Editors Note: No Ribeiro or Forsberg in the shootout. But sure, go ahead Matt Cullen.)
OTF's Super Duper Stars of the Game
- Mike Fisher: He got his 500th point, and notched two goals. I would say that is a pretty solid night for anyone
- Filip Forsberg: This kid just does it all.
- Roman Josi: Two assists and a sick move on the shootout attempt.
Tweets Of The Night
That dude looks like the Devils’ old goaltender.— On The Forecheck (@OnTheForecheck) January 30, 2015
Via @Mr_MacDougall: sounds like adult film audio was playing in the background of the FSTN Preds-Blues broadcast https://t.co/p5FKzhMnb3— J.R. Lind (@jrlind) January 30, 2015
January 30, 2015
Kidding. #tradeHutton— Frank The Turtle (@LavysTurtle) January 30, 2015
Boxscore - Game Summary - Event Summary - War-on-Ice - HockeyStats - Natural Stat Trick
Roll the video highlights...