Nashville Predators 5, San Jose Sharks 1: Pekka Rinne Ices the Sharks
The bad weather couldn't slow the Predators down tonight as they handled their business against San Jose.
The Predators flexed their muscles tonight as they dismantled the San Jose Sharks. The offense was clicking, the defense played well, and Pekka was doing Pekka things tonight.
The Sharks got on the board first with a goal from Matt Irwin. The lead didn't last too long, though, as Shea Weber got the Predators on the board. Craig Smith continued the scoring for the Preds when he notched one late in the first. We were barely into the second period when Smith struck again to give the Nashville a two goal lead. Paul Gaustad got into the scoring mix as well, as he put one in the back of the net. The Predators continued their tear with a goal by James Neal.
Nashville claimed their sixth victory in a row by defeating the Sharks, 5-1.
- Man that was quick. The Sharks seemed like they wanted get on the scoreboard early, and that is what they did. On a side note, did anyone else know that Scott Hannan was still in the league?
- 108.5, WEBR The Weber! When will people start to realize that they should just get out of the way when Weber winds up and lets it rip.
- America! I feel like I am saying that every game that I watch. Smith just continues to play really, really well. And what a great set up play by Mike Ribeiro on the first goal.
- I applaud anyone who made it out to the game tonight. Living in Chicago, I know how tough it is to drive in snowy and icy conditions.
- I have always wondered how the Sharks couldn't get a chant similar to the Mighty Ducks, "quack, quack, quack" going. Can you imagine the entire arena in unison chanting "chomp, chomp, chomp!" But what do I know?
- The Predators were scoring so fast in the second I couldn't even keep up with them.
- HOLY PEKKA RINNE!!!!! He put on a clinic in the second.
- What a fun second period that was!
- Nashville is playing out of their freaking minds right now. This has to be a team of destiny right? Everything is lining up for them to make a deep playoff run this year.
OTF's Super Duper Stars of the Game
- Pekka Rinne: Can we just go head and give him the Vezina and the Hart trophies?
- Mike Ribeiro: This guy can do it all. He will most certainly get a nice little payday after this season.
- Craig Smith: 'Merica!!! That is all that needs to be said here.
Tweets Of The Night
Meanwhile in STL pic.twitter.com/8byqmODNF8— Dan D Bradley (@DanDBradley) February 18, 2015
Who's Carey Price?— Link (@3DLink) February 18, 2015
The memes are getting me good tonight RT @Alyssa9319: pic.twitter.com/Q9TpycWPjv— Kristopher Martel (@kmartel_sports) February 18, 2015
Here's your nightly "OMG PEKKA RINNE" moment: http://t.co/AU3vEH0Mut https://t.co/sQdnRgxO8R— SB Nation NHL (@SBNationNHL) February 18, 2015
Boxscore - Game Summary - Event Summary - War-on-Ice - HockeyStats - Natural Stat Trick
Roll the video highlights...