Nashville Predators News: Filip Forsberg sent back to Milwaukee Admirals
After just one day of practicing with the big league club, Filip Forsberg has been sent by the Nashville Predators back to Milwaukee for more development at the AHL level, per the team's announcement on their website this morning.
Forsberg of course is coming off an MVP-performance at the World Junior Championships, but the question in regards to his time in Nashville is one of usage. Would he get enough ice time and opportunity here to (1) benefit the team and serve his long-term development, or (2) is prime-time usage in Milwaukee the better choice for the present time?
Apparently the team is going with option 2, and until the towel is thrown in on making the playoffs that's probably the right call. Having Forsberg play 10 minutes a night on the Gaustad line probably isn't good for anybody involved.
One other observation - presumably this is an indication that the team doesn't expect Patric Hornqvist to miss much time, following his absence from last night's loss to Anaheim due to injury.
- Friday's Dump & Chase: Just Another Day In Paradise
- Nashville Predators 3, Anaheim Ducks 4: Preds squander multiple leads as Anaheim's stars shine.
- Secondary Ticket Market Slump: Are Falling Prices an Indictment of "Predator Hockey?"
- Nashville Predators recall Filip Forsberg
- Barry Trotz is saying strange things