Nashville Predators News: Magnus Hellberg Called Up From Milwaukee
What's up with Pekka Rinne or Carter Hutton? We don't know, but Magnus Hellberg is reportedly en route to Nashville.
This is wonderful stuff here from Fox 6 in Milwaukee - they caught video live as Magnus Hellberg experienced the thrill of a lifetime, getting word from Milwaukee Admirals head coach Dean Evason that he's been called up to Nashville (and is flying in tonight, actually):
So far on the season, Hellberg is 1-2 with a 2.23 Goals Against Average and .913 Save Percentage.
Interestingly, there's only a tease in the video by Evason as to what's going on with Nashville's goalies, but he does say to Hellberg that he's being called up "to play". This sounds like more than just a one-day practice kind of deal, but we'll stay tuned for further developments. Josh Cooper notes this evening that Hutton practiced today, while Rinne did not.
Serves me right for saying that "Pekka Rinne shows no signs of lingering trouble from his off-season hip surgery" in my 10-game analysis just a few minutes ago...
A big tip of the cap goes to Steve Caponetto on Twitter for passing this along!
More from On the Forecheck:
- Nashville Predators 10 Game Report: Ascending to Mediocrity
- Nashville Predators News: Carrie Underwood Breaks News of Mike Fisher's Foot Fracture
- Wednesday's Dump & Chase: You Can't Win 'Em All
- Minnesota Wild 2, Nashville Predators 0: Pekka Rinne's Strong Play Wasted in Loss
- Milwaukee Admirals Notebook: Admirals Get Points in First 4 Games, Moser & Sissons Producing/