The Forecheck Podcast: Episode 42 - Draft Recap & Free Agency
It’s been a minute. Time for a podcast!
After a long delay, the podcast is back with another fresh hot episode!
Boy, did we have a lot to cover: the end of the Predators season, Pekka Rinne’s Vezina Trophy win, the 2018 NHL draft, development camp, the looming free agency period, and plenty else. It was a lot to fit into one episode, so OTF writer Eric Dunay joined me to make sure we didn’t forget anything.
Inside you’ll find:
- A rant about enjoying sports and finding success where you can
- Plenty of discussion on the Predators very brief 2018 draft, including Eric’s favorite draftee Vladislav Yeryomenko
- Eric gave us his impression of development camp so far, including players that stood out.
- Why did the Preds trade their 3rd round pick?
- Potential free agent possibilities, including Calvin de Haan and Dylan Demelo— but let’s be honest, they are probably going to sign David Perron and Toby Enstrom.
- What does a potential conversation with James Neal and David Poile look like now?
- Potential trade targets for the Preds (hint: HERE COMES THE STORY OF A HURRICANNNNNE)/
All that and plenty more, including Eric’s hot take on a surprising team for 2018-19 (it’s not the Ottawa Senators).
Care To Help Out?
This show will always be 100% free to those that want to listen. But if you’d like to help out the show and want to become a patron of the podcast, here’s how you do that. Thanks!
That’s it for now... Enjoy!
Remember, you can either stream the show in this browser by pressing the play button below, listen on Soundcloud or listen on iTunes (don’t forget to subscribe!)
This podcast features “No Song” by Apollo Up!, a Nashville-based rock band from the 2000s. Check out their stuff here!