Nashville Predators 4, Calgary Flames 3 (OT): Preds Extinguish Flames, Gain in Wild Card Race
So...is anyone still mad that Nashville didn’t trade Mikael Granlund on Monday?
This week at OTF, we’ve brought you some solid thoughts on Nashville’s wildcard status and trade analysis. It’s been a long one, so bear with us as we take a look at tonight’s game in brief.
- Wild card showdown....are y'all here for it? With two points, Nashville moves up the Central Division and Western Conference standings. Let’s make it happen.
- Mark Giordano (Calgary captain) returns to the lineup for the Flames. He’s been injured, so this is a big boost for the Flames.
- Here’s today’s reminder that Elias Lindholm and Calle Jarnkrok are cousins.
- Bridgestone Arena is very quiet tonight.
- OH MY GOODNESS JUUSE
- “The force is strong with Nick Bonino.” - Chris Mason
- Saros is dialed in.
- Fighting for the puck, grinding it out, and finally finding a tally! Colton Sissons finishes a huge series of chances for tonight’s first goal.
- Colin Blackwell has points in four straight games.
- Eww, that was a fast goal.
- Ewww, that was a faster, grosser goal.
- Roman Josi and Matthew Tkachuk get into a tilly and some random Flames step in to defend Tkachuk.
- MATT DUCHENE HITS THE POST
- Holy Juuse!!!!
- Monster blocker!
- Tonight’s power play has been a mere shadow of Tuesday’s power play.
- The Flames have been very strong in their zone in front of David Rittich. The Predators don’t have an issue getting the puck INTO the zone, but shots and pass options are quite stifled.
- Stop with the odd-man rushes!!!!
- Juuse Saros is fighting for two points tonight, but the Predators can’t get anything sustained in the Flames zone.
- Roman Josi is tired of all of this nonsense, and he ties the game!!!
- Mikael Backlund and Andrew Mangiapane put Calgary up with less than a minute left in regulation.
- Oh dear goodness, my heart can’t handle this. Did Mikael Granlund score before time expired?
- .2 SECONDS LEFT. TIE GAME. Granny!?!?!?!?! Less than .2 seconds?! I DO NOT EVEN KNOW.
- .1 second. Buzzer beater.
- Who is still mad that we didn’t trade Granlund on Monday?
- Bonus hockey. Point acquired for both teams.
- HOLY MIKAEL GRANLUND.
- WOW WOW WOW.
- I am out of words. Goodnight, y'all. /
Super Duper Stars of the Game
- Juuse Saros
- Mikael Granlund: I don’t have much else to add...but #64 has been the best player for the Predators in 2020.
- Roman Josi
Tweets of the Game
Yoda summed up the second period, “There is no try”. #preds @OnTheForecheck— Shaun C. Smith (@SCSOTF) February 28, 2020
Tonight I’m Krazy with a side of extra Hairy. ⭐️ ⚔️ @PredsNHL pic.twitter.com/6IkhQTMIgE— Krazy Kyle (@krazykylepreds) February 28, 2020
Saros is single-handedly keeping the Predators in this game.— Robby Stanley (@RStanleyNHL) February 28, 2020
Sweet mercy I have seen it all now. #Preds | #CGYvsNSH— Thomas Willis (@TomAWillis) February 28, 2020
Mikael Granlund has been the Preds’ best non-Josi player since John Hynes took over the team and I don’t think it’s close— Nick Morgan (@_nsmorgan) February 28, 2020