Nashville Predators 2, Arizona Coyotes 1 (OT): Skidding No More
If you were responsible for the losing streak, you are forgiven, because it is now over. Preds win.
The Nashville Predators won a game. They could have easily lost another game, but they didn't. They won. Streak over. We can all dance a jig or two.
After Paul Gaustad broke the streak of the Preds not scoring first for 11 games in a row, the Coyotes outplayed the Preds for much of the 2nd period, and some of the 3rd. They even tied it up and took it to overtime. And for what feels like the millionth game in a row, the Preds were frustrated by a backup or little known goalie, including during the final moments of the 3rd period and then in overtime.
Then there was "The Shift"... James Neal finally put home the game winner (and the streak ender) after an absolutely insane shift by the Preds during the 4-on-4 overtime. Bounce after bounce, save after save, and finally... HJN scores and the nightmare is over.
- Taylor Beck draws a penalty with a nice swivel move around Brandon Gormley. Why hasn't he been playing all year? Oh yeah... I remember.
- Looks like it's more adventures in Ridiculous Land. Preds get a power-play, then a 5-on-3, and can't capitalize. Franson hit a post, but other than that, the shots are going safely into the pads of... Louis Domingue?? Oh ffs, we have to beat this guy.
- Viktor Stalberg: #AHLSpeed
- GOOSE GETS IT DONE! Some 4th line magic ends the first goal streak at 11 games. And of all the shots over the last two weeks that I thought would go in, none of them looked like that.
- Kyle Chipchura is fully embracing Arizona's chase for the bottom of the league by picking fights he knows he will lose. Gaustad laid him down quick.
- Honestly, this game doesn't look all that different from the previous six. Missed opportunities, bad passes, shots missing the net, defensemen getting caught in the offensive zone leading to chances for the opponent... yet somehow the Preds lead.
- Matt Cullen robbed by Louis Domingue. That is a true thing that just happened.
- Still too many "almost" plays. I don't like "almost"... I want certainty. I'm the guy who buys a disinfectant that kills 99.99% of germs and then lives in fear of the .01%.
- Double freaking minor to James Neal. Just lost control of his stick, and clipped Shane Doan in the
- Coyotes score 2 minutes in to the 4 minute penalty. Deflected off of Ekholm and in. Chipchura will get credit. Annnnnd back to Ridiculous Land we go.
- About halfway through the 3rd, the Coyotes have a 17-10 shot advantage since the 1st.
- I'm about damn tired of Ribs having shot opportunities and then wheeling around the net looking for a pass. Stop it already. Shoot the puck.
- Chances, chances everywhere. Even-strength, power-play, short-handed... chances are raining down from the skies and the Preds don't have a bucket to catch them.
- HJN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've never been so happy to beat such a bad team. I don't even care.
OTF's Super Duper Stars of the Game
- James Neal: Leave it to HJN to end this mind-numbing streak. Thank you James.
- Paul Gaustad: Goose got the Preds on the board first and then put Chipchura on the ice.
- ALL OF YOU FOR CHOOSING THE RIGHT ANSWERS, BLESS YOU /
Tweet Of The Night
This is the 1st time the #Preds have had a lead in roughly 256 minutes of game time. #Coyotes— Thomas Willis (@TomAWillis) March 10, 2015
Paul Gaustad just dropped Chipchurra on Ronda Rousey levels. #Preds #NSHvsARI— Cutler Klein (@CutlerKlein) March 10, 2015
Ah, the first of many Domingue/Rinne goaltenders duels that will be forever remembered in history yet unwritten.— james nelson (@Predalytics) March 10, 2015
Boxscore - Game Summary - Event Summary - War-on-Ice - HockeyStats - Natural Stat Trick
Roll the video highlights...